Saturday 22 April 2017

Mountain Biking Again

At Easter 2016 I used a Red Letter Voucher to go Mountain Biking with MudTrek. It was so good that I chose to go again in 2017 and paid for it myself as well.

Again a really good day. Excellent guiding from Jay and hospitality before and after. A challenging route with a bit of everything mixed in - single track, double track, trails and roads. We ended up doing 33 miles and 4500ft of climbing. This year I was completely done in by about 25 miles. The last hour or so was painful. Every part of me ached and I was totally knackered, but the feeling on completion was fantastic


The ride is on Strava here

It looked like this:


And here's a few photo's of me truly:









4 comments:

  1. Hi I just came across your blog whilst looking at racks fitting to Giant Defy's. I can't seem to get the left seat stay mount to fit around the brake caliper. How did you manage this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my Giant was broken (when I got knocked off) I can't just pop down and have a look. I seem to recall that it was relatively straight forward and with a little jiggling around fitted fine - probably close to the brake caliper but generally no issues. I have since moved the same rack to a Boardman Road and it was a lot harder to fit. I needed to swap the rack's seat tube arms (hope that makes sense) so that they were closer together on the rack and spread out to the frame. On Giant they were wider at the rack and narrowed to the frame. Hope that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. I cannot get it to fit no matter what I do, it is a small frame so not sure if that makes any difference. It was fitted previously to an old Carrera Vanquish and had no issues. I have used today with just the right hand side seat stay tube fitted with no issues, so this that will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was a M Frame - so that might be a difference as you say

      Delete