Wednesday 29 May 2013

Sussex Ride - Sunday 26 May 2103

Part of the deal for taking my wife down to Sussex was that I would do a little riding. Box Hill was one of the planned rides and the other was to ride from where ever we were staying to Billingshurst to visit her sister. We ended up staying on Fontwell just round the corner from the racecourse so Billingshurst was about 20-25 miles depending on the route. However the choice of route was difficult as many of the roads in the area are very busy - much more so than the Midlands. I used Garmin Connect to create a route for my Garmin 800 (I have ended up using this as I find it the most slick and easy to get a turn-by-turn route into the Garmin although other sites do some mapping functions better) and just went for it - no looking at Strava for segments to ride - just a ride on what looked like the smaller roads.

This was the route I ended up with:




It turned out to be, with a few miles exception a fantastic route. I have hardly ever done so before but I stopped about midway to take a few photos on my phone:





It was a very pleasant ride with beautiful weather - and I even picked up a top 10 place!

No comments:

Post a Comment