Friday 13 February 2015

Rear Lights for Commuting

A few posts ago I wrote here about some of the things I did or used for commuting in the dark. I wrote about the rear lights that I used which were 2 Smart Lights and a Fibre Flare Shorty

Last week I was fitting a piece of Meccano as a bracket between my pannier rack and one of the Smart LED lights in the garage in the evening

I took a few photos to see how effective they were and these are below. Admittedly this is not particularly scientific as I was quite close and the camera was not very good at capturing the real light levels. The first photo is with flash which I then disabled:


With the flash on the reflection from some reflective Scotch tape on the mudguard overrides everything else

The 2 Smart Lights and the Fibre Flare in "on" mode

Just the Smart LEDS
I also made a small Video:



What the video shows is that with 3 flashing lights at least one is always on and the it really draws attention to the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment