Sunday 29 March 2015

K-Edge Out Front Garmin Mount

Since I got my Garmin I have fitted it to the stem using the standard plastic Garmin mount. Recently I bought a K-Edge Out Front Garmin Mount. There was no real need for it but I thought I could convince myself that it would move the Garmin further forward and make it slightly easier to read. That's a somewhat subjective reason of course.

I have to say that the quality of the manufacture is excellent, and once fitted its clear its not going to move. I have actually tilted it up slightly to put it at a slight angle and hopefully slightly reduce glare.

The quality of the Garmin mount is excellent- a firm and definite click .

Note that the mount must be fitted to the right of the stem as the shape is designed to align the Garmin on the centre line of the stem, Its actually a very close fit as the Garmin rotates into position - a very slight rub as it is aligned. I don't see this as a problem.

Here are some photos:

Front View

Side on view showing the slight up tilt


View from the saddle

No comments:

Post a Comment