Sunday 12 May 2019

Velo Midlands 2019

I rode this closed road Sportive. Got a late start (Green 6 for those who rode it as well) so was pretty well at the back from the off with probably 13-14,000 people in front of me. 

Here's my Strava record - link.




My Official time was 6:04. I'd hoped for a sub 6:00 but was held up at ~mile 21-22 by an accident. It transpired that the rider injured died of his injuries which rather puts things in perspective.

Here's a video of various parts of the ride (the start, just before feed station 1, Coventry and the final 4-5 miles)



All in a good event. Still issues where they put the feed/rider stops on narrow roads causing queues while people who don't want to stop get stuck, and the start/finish lines were not as favourable to Birmingham as the previous Broad Street location used last year, but there is still something about closed road events that make it worth the cost (in my opinion anyway)

Here's a couple of picturesfrom the event:




And here's me and my son in the green Garmin top (who snuck and and joined with ~25 miles to go) at the finish



No comments:

Post a Comment