Saturday 21 April 2012

Update 20 April 2012

Went out for a reasonably early run on Saturday morning trying to beat the forecast showers. Legs felt like lead along Pool Head Lane and gave up 1/2 way up Vicarage Hill in Tanworth. Took the run down to the Liveridge Crossroads (Strava Segment) and then down to Henley. Turned left at the bottom of the High Street towards Claverdon to try the segment on this stretch of road. However felt pretty drained and got upto 180bpm on the short climb out so didn't feel like I'd make any in roads in my previous segment times on my Giant Defy 4 earlier in the year. Road back home via Lowsonford, Lapworth, Hockley Heath and tried the Kineton Lane segment on the way back.

Got home at an average of 18.2mph over 30 miles (pretty close to an all time PB), so was pleased with the overall pace but had felt slow where I wanted it to matter on some of the segments. Anyway, uploaded the route to Strava and got another KOM in 6 days, this being the "Henley-in-Arden to Claverdon - A4189". Not only that but blitzed my previous time of 11:10 and am now down to 9:57, so over a minute improvement. Well pleased.

I think that all the winter miles have counted and the Shimano RS80 wheels and Continental GP4000s tyres I have fitted to my Focus have really made a difference

Here's the segment (got a 15 second gap on 2nd place as well so might just hold it for a few weeks):

No comments:

Post a Comment