Saturday 28 April 2012

Update 28-April-2012

A week without riding!!! Bad weather and various work commitments completely blew any chance of cycling to work last week (and for the week before) so the mileage has really dropped off. Added to which the weather for this Sunday looks dire. I slipped out Saturday afternoon for a quick ride to get some miles in, between the rain showers, but even then chose to take the Giant as it has mudguards. I chose a route to be good for some Strava segments with a tail wind but basically there seemed to be a headwind nearly all the way! It also felt pretty hard work as well, which I put down to the string wind and the Giant, which I haven't ridden for a number of weeks and is heavier than the Focus. I did try but did not really expect great things.

On getting home and uploading the route I got another KOM (completely unexpected) on the "Watery Eyes Warm Up" segment which was great - especially as it is Noel's segment and improved my times on the "Liveridge Hill XRoads to Tanworth Church" and "Cut Throat Ln" segments by a few seconds. This gets me up to 7 KOMs at present - here's the screen shot to prove it:


No comments:

Post a Comment