Friday 15 June 2012

Strava Analysis - Next Steps

I posted earlier that it was hard to review all of the data that is uploaded into Strava. I posted a graph that I had generated of my performance over time over one particular segment (Lowsonford to Lapworth) and how much work it took.

I did a bit of Googling and have found some Strava APIs that allow access to data programmatically. I have been using these to write an Excel application to load ride data into Excel. Its very much a work in progress but seems to be going well. It uses wget.exe to actually get the data and then parses the downloaded file into Excel.

So far it has downloaded all my rides (~240), pulled out the high level ride stats like average speed, ride time, height gain, and then pulled out all the segments in those rides. The next step is to pull the segment leader board out. However already I have generated a graph in Excel of my average speed since 1 Jan 2011 to see how it varies through the year. It shows a dip in the winter but a gradual increase so I am improving. More information will follow later.


No comments:

Post a Comment