Sunday 27 April 2014

Big Miles after Easter

I've just had a weeks holiday after Easter and was able to get out and do some big miles this week. It ended up being 261.6 miles for the week - one of the biggest I have done. It culminated in an 82 miler in the Sunday - I stuck out the dubious weather to get a ride this long as a) I wanted to try and complete one of the Strava challenges (Grand Fondo 4 to be precise - a single ride of over 130km/80miles) and b) also complete the Spring Classics Challenge (1266km between 26 Mar 14 and 5 May 14). An 80 mile ride would complete these both in one fell swoop. What surprised me was that after 180 miles in the week already was how good I felt for the distance. I managed 17.2pmh over the 80 miles and got 56 Strava PRs which I was also pretty pleased with, although I had to do some dummy loops around home to make sure I made the distance.
Here's the achievements:



For the princely sum of $109 + $20 postage I have "earned" the right to buy one of these from Strava:




 

But I don't think I will..

I also entered the the Velobici Spring Classics Challenge. This was similar to the Strava Spring Classics Challenge but ran from 9 Mar 14 to 27 Apr 14 (it finished the same day as the Liege-Bastogne-Liege race) - 1098 miles in 50 days. I was 100 miles short of this challenge, finishing 6 of the 7 races:



I was disappointed to not achieve all 1098 miles but was pretty happy to get as far as I did. There are prizes on offer so lets keep my fingers crossed.

Finally this weeks mileage meant I figured strongly on the JLR Strava club:


It's worth noting that Steve Jefferies and Chris Spencer had ridden the Liege-Bastogne-Liege race (the Sportive on the Saturday) and this was why they only just beat me. Well done to them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment