Sunday 13 April 2014

Team JLR - STRAVA - Part 3

A big effort in cycling during the week together with a 60 mile run with Noel on Sunday meant I managed a 3rd in the distance Team JLR - Strava Club weekly rankings for 7-14 April 2014:



and 4th in the elevation gain:
 

Pretty chuffed as there are some serious mile munchers at JLR. I won't deny that the last few miles home of the extended commute on Friday were pretty tough.

The start of the Sunday run with Noel felt like I might struggle but after about 10 miles I was felling pretty strong. Noel was OK but is not really very bike fit at the moment so we had a pretty low pace for the 60 miles (16.1mph) and was pretty well blown by the end. However the gentler pace (compared to if I had gone out alone) was pleasant and I got home feeling pretty good and comfortable.

I am trying to do as many mile as possible as part of the Ride London preparation. On this rides basis I am confidant I'd feel pretty good if I did it next week and kept the pace low. I am aiming for around 5½hours so about 18mph, I'm not ready for this pace yet but feeling quietly confident at the moment. I have got the Dynamic Rides 100 in July as preparation and expect this to be a lot hillier and hence slower - but good timing 1 month before the Ride London event.

No comments:

Post a Comment