Saturday 7 March 2020

Cycling in Spain on Costa del Sol near Fuengerola

We had a family holiday in Fuengerola on the Costa Del Sol over the February 2020 Half Term

My son and I hired a couple of bikes for part of the week and did two rides

The first was over to Mijas Pueblo with my son - here:



This ride was warm - but drizzly weather and poor visibility. At the end of the final climb - "Repetidor" my son took a video of me struggling to the top/finish line:




The second was a long climb to Puerto de LagoAbejas (I think):


I did this without my son - he'd planned a loop that was about 85 miles and I knew that I didnt have the legs for that. The ride was basically out the to the highest point and back the same way. It came out to 65 miles and 6500ft of ascent - I was utterly done in by the end

What was great though was - the week before in the UK a ride was full winter gear - these 2 rides were shorts and short sleeves

We hired from Bikestardo - I'd recommend them. Quality bikes delivered and collected. We hired a Felt VR Performance Ultegra 105. The only real issue was that the brakes are reverse to UK - i.e. the right brake - the front in the UK operates the rear on this bike, and vice versa.:

No comments:

Post a Comment