Sunday 15 March 2020

Strava Data Tool Update March 2020 - V3.1 - Segments Added

Just a quick teaser for a soon to be future release - the application now reads the segments ridden during an activity, and is able to plot out the riders time performance over all occurences that the segment has been ridden

First the Segment list for an activity:


Note that the elevation gain is the maximum less the minimum gradient (so does not account for dips in the segment) - but Strava does not give this data in the segment summary (may be better able to be calculated from the segment stream data when I get to that point)

And here is my historical performance over all the occasions I have ridden the segment (in a time period):


There is more data that I will add here - statistics of the time,a histogram perhaps etc.

The biggest issue though is that the additional Strava Request traffic to get the segments now means that I can only read about 200 activities before the 600 Requests limit per 15 minutes is exceeded

This means that I have not yet been able to read all my 1700 activities into the database with the segment data, so I am going to need to take some other approaches in the workflow to work within the limit. When this is fixed I will release this next version.



The good news is that given all the work over the past few months I spent "improving" the code, this was actually only ~5-6 hours work to get this into a pretty robust state

No comments:

Post a Comment